Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Camping

I am working on planning our camping trip. I guess I should explain a bit, last time we went camping, all I had to do was show up with my kiddos and our food. That's it! Everything else was planned. This time, my sister has to go out of town for 2 or 3 days this week, so she really doesn't have the time to do some stuff...including getting the groceries for the weekend. Also, my mom has something planned every day this week too. So, I told them that if they were to get me a list, I would do the grocery shopping for everyone. My sister has 4 kids...2 boys, 2 girls, age ranges from almost 15 to almost 9!! And they have more of an appetite than my boys do! This ought to be interesting! I hope I get enough food (but not overly too much). My sister and her husband just had a cow slaughtered, so I don't have to worry about hamburgers. At first thought, it was going to be, her supplying the hamburgers, me supplying the hot dogs and my parents supplying the buns...but now it looks like I'll be getting everything (except the hamburgers) for everyone! ;)

It's only fair though, my sister was the one who booked our campsite this time and last time. She had a bunch of games and activities planned last time too. And by the time the weekend was over with, she was totally exhausted! Not what camping is supposed to be...isn't it supposed to be relaxing?? So, I decided that this time around, I'm going to do the extra stuff for her so she doesn't have to worry about it!

Any ideas for activities for kids and adults? (Kids ages are...boy almost 15; girl 13; boy almost 12; girl almost 9; boy 8; boy almost 5; and twin infant boys.) I'm planning on taking some cards, but not sure what else to do. My sister said she didn't want it "structured", but we need to plan some activities.

No comments: