Thursday, August 3, 2006

My knee

Just thought I’d let you all know. We are looking at surgery. I tore my ACL. And the doctor said something about a cartilage, but I can’t remember that part.

We have 2 possible things here…1, they will have to do a scope and remove something (can’t remember exactly what they said) and it would be about ½ hour surgery and I would go home that day. OR 2, after they do the scope and something else is wrong (which they couldn’t tell from my MRI) they would have to go in and repair it (same surgery, while I’m still under), it would be about a 2 hour surgery and I would stay overnight at the hospital…the full recovery for this one could take up to a year.

I don’t have the surgery set yet. It won’t be done until after I get back from vacation since I will be on crutches. I’m praying for the 1st scenario so that the recovery would be easier.

No comments: