Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Well, it looks like...

I'll be having surgery next month on my knee.

I was able to actually focus on what the doctor was saying today. Apparently, I have a slight ACL tear and a meniscus tear as well. The scope will be done to remove some of the damaged Meniscus and while they are in there, they will see how bad the damage is to the ACL. If it's bad enough, we are talking ACL reconstruction. The difference of the 2 surgeries is a bit different from what my previous doctor said. The recover rate for the ACL reconstruction is around 9 months to be up and out playing physical activities again. I would be on crutches for 10 days and would probably need help for about 2 weeks with my children.

You know...I'm ok, I'm still praying for the lesser surgery, but I'm not freaking out any longer. I'm at Peace! Isn't God great about things like that?!

No comments: