Thursday, February 15, 2007

40 Days of Purpose

So far I've been doing well with my 40 Days of Purpose.  I've been reading every day like I need to, writing in my journal and everything!  However, I haven't done today's work...I need to get on that!  Tomorrow I need to do it early so I don't have to take it with me when I go out of town.

I've learned a few things about myself that I don't particularly care for.  :(  I've been in prayer about those things and with God's help, I'll change!  I've also realized, I can't change others like I want to.

There are things in dh that I've been wanting changed.  I've spoke to him about them and then through my Bible Study, I've realized that I'm going about things all wrong!  1st off, I can't change him, if he's going to change, it's going to have to be his doing, not mine.  1 Peter 3:1-2 says Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.

So taking that information into account, I applied this the other day to our lives.  When something that I knew dh did wasn't right, I kept my mouth shut, and prayed.  And the amazing thing is that he corrected his actions.  I was amazed.  Now if I can remember to keep my mouth shut and actually respect and honor my husband!!

No comments: