Sunday, July 29, 2007

Serve in Joy

I was reading Ecclesiastes today and in the 2nd chapter it talks about the Futility of Work and the lack of joy and enthusiasm.  I have been there.  It's hard to do your duties when you dislike what you are doing.

God calls us to have a purpose.  I believe that when you follow God's calling and are doing what you were created to do, you will do it with JOY.  The joy that I had this past week during VBS was wonderful.  I was in a ministry that I wasn't called to be in, but was put there, there was no joy on the days I had to work.  That's not what God's work should be like.

So, my prayer has been that God will not only show me what it is that I am called to do in regards to the Children's Ministry at our church, but also that it would bring joy not only to me but also to those I serve!

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Phillippians 4: 6-7

No comments: