Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I've been surfing and reading through some new blogs.  I noticed many of them doing a Thankful Thursday.  I like it, so I'm going to jump onto the bandwagon!



I'm thankful for...
1.  My husband, Kevin.  He is my best friend.  Without him, I wouldn't be the person I am today.  He works so hard to provide for our family and allowing me to be a SAHM.

2.  My boys.  Each of them with their own personality make up a part of who I am as well.  With each pregnancy, I've changed, not just physically.  "M" just celebrated his 10th birthday, he's growing into quite a nice young man.  "N" will be 7 this fall, going into the 1st grade this year.  He's what I like to call my "middle" child.  He is full of energy at home and quiet in public.  "D" & "A" are both 2....they are full of energy and then some!  Having 2 the same age makes things a bit more challenging.  Born at 31 weeks, "D" & "A" had a rough beginning, but just seeing them healthy, happy, and normal makes all that I went through to have them worth it!

3.  Ohio.  I'm so glad we are back in Ohio, close to family.  Although I wouldn't trade living in CO or MN for the life of me.  We grew closer being away from family.  We learned so much about our lives together and our love for the Lord while we were away those 6 years.  It's sad we missed out on so much of my nieces' and nephews' lives, but we are back now and making up for lost time!

4.  Our Church Family.  Without them, I don't know how I would survive!  They have stepped up so many times to help when we needed.  For example, when I found out I was pregnant with our twins, we had just started going to this church.  Of course I had asked for prayers throughout the pregnancy as things began to worry me.  When the boys were born, the Pastor was there...as a matter of fact, he was able to see my boys before my husband did (that's a long story for another time).  The members of the church then provided prayers and a shower, and also meals while the boys were in the NICU.

5.  My family.  Without my sister who allowed Jesus to shine through her, I wouldn't be a Christian.  My mom who "Prays without ceasing" for me and my family.  My dad for his tenderness, something I didn't see growing up.  My nieces and nephews who show their faith, even at a young age!

No comments: