Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thankful Thursday

So today is Thankful Thursday.  What am I thankful for today?

I've been working at VBS this week, so I'm going to focus on that for my Thankful Thursday!

1.  VBS...it's a great place for children to learn about God.
2. As a crew leader, I'm in charge of a group of children.  On Monday, I had 5; Tuesday, I had 7; Wednesday, I had 8! So, I'm thankful that these children are bringing their friends!
3. I'm thankful for the Children's ministry director...she is running our VBS.  She's a wonderful lady.  (Yes, the same lady who has asked me to pray about teaching).
4. I haven't had to make supper at all this week!  We have been provided with food at the church every night since I'm working at VBS!
5. I'm seeing children grow.  It's awesome to see them light up to what they are being taught!
6. That through VBS, I believe God is using me to prepare me for teaching or at least working with children in the Children's Ministry of our church.
7. That I'm having fun...I'm actually enjoying myself!
8. My boys are excited to go!  "M" & "N"  are both in my "group", but "N" is in my crew!  "D" & "A" had been in the nursery during VBS for 2 days (Kevin was late getting home).
9. I'm making new friends in church!  People I've known, but now I'm actually getting to know them better!
10. For each child in my group, they have blessed me more than they know!  Those smiles make my heart leap!

Click here for more Thankful Thursday posts!

No comments: