Thursday, August 16, 2007

People

This is the 3rd week of our Bible Study...

List 3 things you need from friends.

  1. Companionship
  2. Encouragement
  3. Listening Ear, someone to be there when I need a shoulder to cry on

Do you consider yourself a good listener?  Why?
I'd like to think so.  I do try hard to listen to what people are saying to me.  I know I need to work on interrupting people (it's a bad habit that I've acquired over the years) and I need to stop trying to "1 up" their story!

What are you missing most in your relationships (think about your friends, family, spouse, Christ)?
Closeness.  I have kept people at an arms length for so many years.  It's something I developed over all the moves to guard my heart from being hurt when we moved away.  Now that we are here and pretty settled at being in this general area, I'm starting to let my guard down.

Think of someone who could be your Spiritual mentor.  What would they be like?  What qualities or characteristics would they have?
Someone who is knowledgeable in God's word, gentle, loving, kind, supportive, and holds me accountable.  Someone who checks in on me from time to time.

How can you mentor someone else?
By being in prayer for that person daily.  Talking to them, checking up on them, making sure they are getting plugged in at church.  Spending time with them.

No comments: