Thursday, August 30, 2007

Thankful Thursday




8 Oh, give thanks to the LORD!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
1 Chronicles 16:8 (New King James Version)

Today is Thankful Thursday again.  There is so much in life to be thankful for.  God has done some amazing things in my life.

  1. This is our first week of school.  "M" (my oldest) is homeschooled (well, he's in a virtual academy), and "N" (my middle child...well, middle to me, I have 4 boys...but only 3 pregnancies, so he's my middle, but my 2nd child) went to first grade this year.  Both have been doing very well.  I haven't had any complaints regarding school!  I am Thankful that this week has went so well...and pray it continues to go well!
  2. I started a new Bible Study this week.  "I AM...so you don't have to be".  It is a wonderful study and I'm so Thankful that The Preacher's Wife has started Round 2 of this study!
  3. I have 4 boys...I was told at a very young age (16) that I may never have any children.  I'm so Thankful to God that he has allowed me to have children...and not just 1, but 4!  "M" just celebrated his 10th birthday, "N" will be turning 7 in September, "D" & "A" are 2 1/2.
  4. The Lord  has definitely blessed me with BOYS!!  Although I always thought I would love to have a little girl, I'm finding it harder and harder to imagine me dealing with a girl!  Praise the Lord for taking that longing for a girl away and just blessing me with a lot of boys!
  5. My 15 year H.S. Reunion is the end of Sept.  My wonderful husband decided that instead of staying in the hotel with all my classmates, we would go to a Bed & Breakfast nearby...the same Bed & Breakfast we went to when I was pregnant with my fist!  I am so excited!  We could have just came home since we aren't going too far for our reunion!
  6. This weekend we are going to Kings Island with my parents.  Last year we had a season pass to go, but didn't get one this year.  The company my mom works for is having their annual picnic there, so we are all going together!  Why am I thankful for that??  Well, my dad is going.  He has been so sick and had sore feet for a long time.  For him to actually agree to go is a HUGE blessing!  Oh and they are staying at our house for the weekend since we are close to Kings Island!
  7. I'm thankful for little things like Benedryl and Claritan...without those, I would be suffering so much with my allergies at this time of year.
  8. Because of those little things mentioned above, I'm ever so thankful for my coffee in the morning to help me wake up!
  9. This blog community that I have recently found is wonderful!  I can't believe how many others are out there just like me, trying to live their lives the way God has intended them to.  I'm so thankful for each and every one of them!
  10. And email...it may sound weird, but whenever an email comes in, I get so excited!  I absolutely love it!  That and regular mail.  Any type of mail really (as long as it's not a bill) I'm so excited!  You never know what's inside!

Thanks for reading my Thankful Thursday list today, for more Thankful Thursday posts, check out Sting My Heart's site!

Blessings

No comments: