Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I AM - Your Beauty



1. It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you "once, twice, three times a lady." Where are you in this progression? Obviously we have all been physically born, but are you 'twice a lady'? Have you been born again spiritually? This may be a private matter you'd like to discuss confidentially. If so, email me. If you have already received this gift, write a brief prayer of thanksgiving or testimony.
I have been a Christian since 1995!  Praise the Lord!  I'm thankful for God's loving kindness and mercy that has brought me through this far!  I grew up going to church, but it wasn't until I got married and my husband and I went to my sister's church.  At the alter call, we both went up.  We both became Christians on the same day!  How neat that God put it on both of our hearts at the same time!  God is Awesome!!!

2. Are you three times a lady? Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a 'deliverer'? Do you have a desire or are you already meeting a need in the life of the church, a particular ministry (such as jail ministry, food ministry, etc.) or perhaps individuals who share common issues?
I have shared this before...I recently have felt the nudge from God to move forward and get involved in our church.  I co-teach the 1st and 2nd graders in Sunday School (and I absolutely love it...I just need to work on timing...I'm always running out of time do do everything) and I have also stepped up to be the 2008 VBS Elementary Director.  I will be working with the Children's Ministry leader as well as the Preschool Director (as long as someone steps up to do that).  And singing...Oh do I enjoy singing!  I'm on the Praise and Worship team...I fall in love with God all over again during Praise and Worship!!

3. Do you ever get tired of waiting for that opportunity to do something
worthwhile for God? Do you ever feel God is using someone else instead of you?
I have to say I used to feel that way.  Until I started praying that God would show me where I should be in our church.  Now it seems as though a new door has opened up...it's wonderful!  I used to sit back and wonder why God called them to do that and not me...that usually wasn't the case...it was more of me not listening to God calling ME to do something!

4. What do you consider 'worthwhile ministry'? Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?
Every little thing you do in the church to help out is a worthwhile ministry!  The person who does the grounds keeping...no one ever sees them, but if they weren't there, our grass would be long and weeds would have taken over the flowerbeds!  The person who mops the floor...who cleans up a spill...the person who opens the door for someone...the person who smiles at another person...all those are worthwhile ministries.  Things that aren't seen, but are being done to keep the church alive an running.  It's those small things that sometimes mean more than the big stuff.  Someone having a bad day sees someone else smile at them, it cheers them up!

5. Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts test? If yes, what are yours? If no, here's a good one from Ephesians 4 Ministry. Will you take it and come back with a response? Knowing some of you like I already do, I can almost pick out what your gift is before you say it. I can't wait to see if I'm right!
I had taken one of these years ago...Showing Mercy is my big one.  Another big one of mine is Administration.

No comments: