Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm an Aunt Again!

I was so blessed yesterday to get a call at 6:30 am asking me if I'm up!  It was Stacy (my brother in law)...Denielle was in labor!  Denielle and I have been growing closer and closer over the past couple of years and I had been asked to come to the hospital when she went into labor!

I told Stacy, I was up, and to let me make a few calls and I'd let him know when I was on my way!

My first call was to Kevin to let him know.  Being the wonderful husband he is, he offered to come home and work from home so I didn't have to deal with the boys all day!  My 2nd call was to my mom...she wasn't at work yet and I didn't get an answer on her cell phone, so I called the house and talked to my dad (he was home sick...well, not sick, but the gout in his feet were acting up).

I took off and headed up to the hospital and got there at 8:30 am.  I thought I had made pretty good timing since I was going through Dayton, OH during rush hour!!

"Kg2" was born at 1:59 pm.  She weighed 7 pounds and was 20 1/2 inches long!  Her big sister "Kg1" was in awe.  It was hard to contain her out in the hallway while her mommy delivered!  At one point I literally had to grab her before she went running into the room (I didn't know what mommy was doing at that moment and didn't want this 7 year old girl getting an eye-full).

She's such a beautiful baby and I can't tell you how great it was to be there to support Denielle through her L & D!

No comments: