Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Speak Lord, for your servant is listening"

The last few days I have been feeling like God is moving in my life, calling me to something more, freeing me up from something that has been holding me back from the fullness of God.

Last night as I was preparing for Bible Study (we are reading Beth Moore's book, Get Out Of That Pit together...which, by the way, is a great book!), I felt the Lord tugging on my heart.  I knew that I was on the brink of some sort of breakthrough.  I instantly emailed my worship leader mentor friend, and told her what I was feeling, she lead me to this scripture...

1 Samuel 3:9-11 (New International Version)


9 So Eli told Samuel, "Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, 'Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.' " So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!"
Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

11 And the LORD said to Samuel: "See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle.

For so long I have felt like I have ADD and only when it comes to sitting down to spend quiet time with the Lord.  I just can't quiet myself down to stop and listen to what God has to say for me.  I have been really struggling with finding my quiet time.

The feeling that the "flood gates of Heaven" will open if I just surrender and spend some quality time with God.  How do you do that with a house full of boys and a dog that likes to bark at the cat?  There are so many distractions in my house!

This morning sealed it when I came across a post from Pete (the Pastor of Cross Point Church in Nashville) on Without Wax.  Yep, that confirmed what I have known...I have a self problem, I need to stop focusing on myself and start focusing on God!  Thanks Pete for the confirmation this morning.

No comments: