Friday, August 8, 2008

True Faith

I just spend part of my morning watching the interview that Larry King did with with the Chappman family.  I was encouraged by their faith and honesty.

We have a family in our own church whose 3 year old daughter was backed over by a city worker.  I've watched this family going through all the emotions and grief that one goes through.  It hasn't been an easy road for the members of our church, let alone the family themselves.  I catch myself at times just watching them during worship, to see their hearts poured out...every ounce they have...praising God.  It touches my heart, you know they are giving everything they have...tears streaming down their face.  It warms my heart.  That's true worship...with the whole heart!   It reminds me of a story in the bible...



Mark 12:41-44 (New International Version)



The Widow's Offering

41Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,worth only a fraction of a penny.

43Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on."

It's such a true testament of faith.  To move forward knowing that God will sustain them throughout this process.  Leaning on the Lord for strength.

Think about it.  This is something we should be doing each and every day without a tragedy, yet do we?  I know that I don't.  I know I should, but it doesn't mean that I do.

No comments: