How would you define your faith?
The Bible defines faith as:
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ~ Hebrews 11:1
I have pondered this question in my head for the past 2 weeks. I know what I believe, but how would I present my faith to an unbeliever? I'm not sure how to do that, the only thing I can offer is examples.
- It's a feeling of overwhelming peace in the midst of turmoil
- It's knowing beyond a shadow of doubt that I am saved by the Grace of God and will go to heaven when my life on earth is over
- It's not worrying about the "financial crisis" that is going on in the world because I know I will be taking care of
- It's believing that I was destined for a purpose
- It's knowing that the only thing that can fill the hole in your heart is God because you've tried other things and still felt empty
- It's knowing that 2 different times in my life I should have died, but God has brought me through to see another day
- It's not worrying about things that I have no control over
Even after reading the above responses, I still feel like I haven't really explained what my faith is.
Kevin described it this way...
If you strip away all worldly things and feel like you have nothing, you have no faith, but if you feel like you still have something (after all worldly things are gone) that's where you will find your faith.
So how would you describe your faith?