Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday



I know I have been a bit sporadic about Thankful Thursday, but today, I want to do a Thankful Thursday.

There are so many things that I am Thankful for...

A roof over my head...in today's economy, there are so many people losing their home, I have a home, it may not be the house I've always dreamed of, but at least I have a roof over my head at night.

Heat...especially today.  It's 8 degrees (-2 degrees when you factor in the wind chill)...it's cold.  I don't like the cold.  It's nice to have heat and blankets to be warm.

To be taken care of...my husband does a wonderful job of taking care of us and providing for us.  I get to stay at home with my boys while he works hard to pay for all the bills.   By the Grace of God, he has a wonderful job!

For my boys...as hard as it was for me to accept the fact that I would never have a girl, I'm am ever so thankful that God has given me boys!  This comes from one who wasn't supposed to have any children to begin with.  I don't know what to do with girls...I have fully accepted being a mom of boys and no longer have the desire to have a girl.

For my friends...God has granted me some wonderful friends in my church and outside my church.  Each one of them are unique and have a way of making me see things in a different perspective.  They challenge me (in good ways) to change the bad things in me.  They set examples for me to follow.  They speak words of encouragement at times of need.  They are so wonderful!

Above all, for God in my life...because without Him, I am nothing.  Through Him I can accomplish so much more.  He challenges me to do things I would never do on my own.  He uses my weaknesses to accomplish things Great!

Thank you for stopping by today and seeing the few things I'm thankful for today.  There are so many things, but I know that there were a lot of others who also participated in Thankful Thursday and I didn't want you to spend all day here and not visit the others.  Please go visit the others' Thankful Thursday posts.  Iris at Grace Alone hosts Thankful Thursdays!

No comments: