Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mercy

Growing up you heard the chant

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but Words will never hurt me"

I used that phrase a lot when I was younger, however, the truth of the matter is that words will hurt...words can cut you down...words can crush a Spirit.

God has given me the gift of mercy, which comes with things I need to be aware of (click here for information on the motivational gift of mercy).  The biggest struggle I have is when someone hurts I hurt...which isn't a problem, unless I pick up the anger towards those that made others hurt.

It's hard...some times I'm so upset my husband has to remind me that it's not my fight...which usually helps me to come to terms with not being mad and asking God to forgive me while praying over the situation.

Lately, though, I have been struggling with feelings of being hurt...of hurting other people (I am such a people pleaser)...of being under appreciated...lack of decisiveness (or being firm on those things I did decide on)...of second guessing my callings...was I really called to do what I'm doing or was I just having a difficult time of saying "No"?  I guess the only way to figure that out is to approach the throne of God and speak with him...spend time with him to get a clear direction.

That's where I'm at...in case you wanted to know!

No comments: