Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Becoming the Woman God wants me to be

Our Monday night ladies Bible study has started a new study...it's a journey really, 90 days to be exact!  We are studying the book:  Becoming the Woman God wants Me to Be by Donna Partow
We are on day 9.  To be honest, I'm enjoying the study, but me being the kind of person who likes to see what's coming up next, I'm a bit nervous about week 3.  It's all about diet and food.  This is something HUGE that I struggle with.  I know I need to work through and at least try, but part of me just wants to skip the whole week 3.  I won't though...I will try, as hard as it may be...I guess that would be the time that I need to lean more on God.  But that's something I'm not going to worry about, because, frankly, I need to learn what we are doing NOW, and not worry about what tomorrow will bring.
As the book says in the beginning:  "...if at any moment you are discouraged, stop and focus on what you are learning."
So what have I learned...I've committed to setting my alarm for 6 am and not hitting snooze for an hour getting up at 7 am.  I have been able to memorize Proverbs 31: 10-11 (by the end of the journey I should have Proverbs 31:10-31 memorized).
A wife of noble character, who coud find?  She is worth far mor than rubies.  Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.  Proverbs 31: 10-11
Yep, that was from memory?  Impressed?  I know I am!  I wasn't sure if I would be able to memorize it or not, but apparently when you read the same verse every day for a week, it sort of sticks!
I am learning to be positive...an optimist thinker!
"A joyful heart is good medicine, But a broken spirit dries up the bones."  Proverbs 17:22
When we lived in CO, we used to sing a song in church based on that verse.  I can only remember the chours of the verse though.
I am excited to be learning to be the woman God wants me to be.  1 day at a time, I'll learn something new each day.  I will be a changed person...I will become the woman God wants me to be!

No comments: