Sunday, March 28, 2010

I was only 16...Part 3

You can read Part 1 Here
You can read Part 2 Here
I was only 16 when they told me I may never be able to have children.  How does a 16 year old comprehend that?  It was something that went in one ear and out the other...not to be thought about again until I met K (a year later).
When Kevin and I started getting serious, I flat out told him that I may never be able to have any children.  His response "Then we'll just adopt"...he didn't even hesitate...it was an automatic response!
Fast forward a few years...Kevin and I had been married for 2 years and at Praise and Worship practice (yep, even back then I sang and Kevin ran sound).  There was a Hispanic minister that had preached at our church that morning with an interpreter.  However, he was at practice (which we did on Sunday nights) without the interpreter.  He spoke very little English...just enough that you could get the jest of what was being said.
He began praying over each member of the Worship team.  I had NEVER shared with anyone on the team (nor the pastor) about what the doctors had said to me in regards to having children.  He got to me and asked me if I wanted to have children (basically only said the word child...or was it baby...anyway, enough that I knew what he was talking about).  I shook my head.  He began praying for me.  During that prayer the only words I could understand was baby...not your fault...and boy.  He would pray, giggle a little and say boy...this happened a couple different times...if you know my family as it is now, you can probably imagine what he was seeing as he was praying.  At the time, I had no children, so I didn't understand the whole prayer.
Within a few months (only a couple of actually trying), I became pregnant with my 1st child.  I believe with all my heart that God healed me that day.  I may have been 16 when they told me I may never have any children, but I was 22 when I went to my family and told them that I was going to have a baby!

No comments: