Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My son...growing up!

I've been pondering this post for quite some time...I didn't want to rush into this post only to realize it wasn't what I thought.
For some time now, I've been noticing a change in "M" (my oldest).  They've been little things, things I thought were just the signs of maturity...as in he's getting older, (remember I said LITTLE)...but now, I'm not so sure it's JUST that, I think it's more of God working in him.  It's great to see!
"M" has been really diving into what God wants for him.  In his youth group, they went through the gifts and had each of them really take a look at what they think their giftings are and then have their parents look it over and give their insights as well.  I took a look at the papers that M had.  He circled a "Maybe" for Encouragement.  Yes, I can see that.  He does seem to come up right along side his brothers when they are struggling and help them along.   So yeah, he might have some of that in him...
He had originally circled a "Maybe" for Helping, but then changed it to a "No".  I think he was right the first time...he does have some of this gift in him as well.  I've seen him helping behind the scenes a lot here lately...I'd love to give an example, but I don't think I will...a few already know what he's been helping with and I don't want him to get a "big head" about that.  But he asks to help, it's not them asking him to help.
Leadership was another "Maybe" he had circled.  I think that as the oldest child in any given family, they tend to have a leadership quality.  So, yes, he does have a little of this quality as well.  I've even had some of his 6th grade teachers tell me that he has this as well.
The thing he circled a "Yes" for has been the one thing that has struck me the most.  I don't know if he has this gift, but I'm not going to say he doesn't.  That's really not for me to say, that's between M and God.  God will be the one who has to confirm this gifting.  "M" circled a "Yes" on Pastoring.  He has told me that he thinks he wants to be a Youth Pastor.  This floored me.  I had no idea...I told him that this is something I cannot confirm or deny for him, that it was something he was going to have to pray about and get confirmation from God.
A Youth Pastor.
WOW
God has really been moving in his life!  It's exciting to see.

No comments: