Sunday, January 15, 2012

Daniel Fast Day 1

The Daniel Fast starts today at 6pm.  For the past few days I feel like God has been revealing to me that I have an addiction to food.  I have to say that I agree -- who doesn't agree with what God tells you??

So, I used today to confess before a couple of my friends and my pastor about my food addiction asking them to pray for me through this journey.  I am very fearful that I will fail and that I can't do it, so I know that is Satan trying to keep me from fasting.

Ready or not, here we go!!

I have a list of things I will be bringing before God during this fast...

Also, I began a 21 day devotional from Made to Crave called Craving God (which is a free ebook by the way) by Lysa TerKeurst

Psalm 139:14
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Question for me to ponder from Lysa's book:
"Is it possible we love and rely on food more than we love and rely on God?"

No comments: