I thought for sure I would have this strong "longing" satisfied by food today...don't get me wrong, food is good, but not what I thought.
Keeping my focus on God and eating in moderation is something I want to continue. As much as the "longing for food, more so I want a closer walk with God!!
Things I found very interesting while going through the book "Made to Crave" and the devotional "Craving God" was how many times it talks about food in the bible...
- Eve gave into sin by eating food
- The Israelites complained about food (lack of) even when God provided for them in the desert
Things won't always be easy, but if I crave God instead of food, I can make it through!
Made to Crave Truths...
- I am a forgiven Child of God (Romans 3:24)
- I am a set-free child of God (Romas 8:1-2
- I am an accepted Child of God (1 Corinthians 1:2)
- I am a holy child of God (1 Corinthians 1:20)
- I am a made-new child of God (2 Corinthians 5:17
- I am a loved child of God (Ephesians 1:4)
- I am a close child of God (Ephesians 2:13)
- I am a confident child of God (Ephesians 3:12)
- I am a victorious child of God (Romans 8:37)
P.S. Can I just say...Thank you Lysa for being obedient and writing these books...they have helped me out so much!! I will be recommending them to my friends! God bless you and your ministry!!