Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not as it should be...and other updates

Wow, I haven't been updating like I said I would.  Sorry about that!

I have finally started going back to the gym, which I'm so glad...Kevin is too (he pays for it).

This past weekend I went and visited with my dad at the hospital.  He had a clot that ran from his groin to his ankle.  His leg was swollen up and he has been put on blood thinners.  He's not allowed out of the hospital until he gets rid of this blood clot.  They have him on a heart monitor the whole time, so, even though I'm really worried about him, I'm glad he's being taken care of at the hospital.  He is up there cracking jokes and talking about different memories.  I'm really glad I got to go see him, even if I did have to leave my husband with 4 sick boys at home.

I have so much things running through my head...the biggest one is VBS right now.  I have to figure out where I need help and schedule a meeting with the Elder who is going to be helping me and lay out a plan with him before scheduling a meeting with the board to discuss how things are going and any changes that have been made since the last meeting.

I have been working harder on getting into the word daily.  I'm not where I should be yet, but I am heading in the right direction.  I sometimes struggle with actually reading something...I have done little things to remind me... I use my outlook to remind me to read devotions daily, I have a "Verse of the Day" on my desk top (Window's Gadgets), I have a Verse of the Day (2 of them actually) on my Facebook, I have a bible on my phone and a bible in various rooms of my house, I have an email sent to me via Proverbs 31 Ministries each day.  You would think with all those things I it would be easy, but for some reason there's a sort of disconnect somewhere, but I am truly trying to reconnect.  I would appreciate any prayer covering, so if you feel led to pray for me, please do.

We are house searching right now, which is really exciting!  I haven't been letting myself get too excited about that, I just don't want to have my hopes up too high.  I have been praying for this for years though...could this really be an answer to prayers?  The timing...it has to be a God thing for us to move forward.

I hang out on Facebook with so many friends now, I decided to set up my blog on the blog networks on Facebook.  We'll see how that goes.  I know it doesn't matter how you bring people to your blog, it's going to take me actually updating to keep people coming.  I'm hoping that I can get into some sort of routine.

Anyway, if you stop by, thank you, I'd love to hear from you.  I do appreciate you reading and following!

No comments: