Monday, March 17, 2014

Time is short

This is a post I wrote in one of my books back on September 26, 2013...

The older I get, the more I realize how quickly time goes by.  I sit and think about how quickly my boys are growing - "M" is 16, driving, a Junior in High School...when did he grow up?  "N" is 13, in 7th grade, going to the Junior High School Building...who said he could grow up?  "D" and "A" are in the 2nd grade at the Elementary School Building...aren't they still supposed to be babies?

I only have a short time to teach them how to be men...how to treat a lady...how to be an adult.  Time is so short!!

Kevin and I will be going on 20 years of marriage soon, but I look and see all my my nieces getting married...having children of their own - my boys aren't too far behind them.

Time keeps moving forward and yet here I sit...
Who am I?
When did I grow up?
One minute I'm a care-free High Schooler who is in love with an older man, the next, I'm married and have 4 kids.  My identity all of my life has been wrapped up in someone else's...
Pat and Janice's daughter...
Deb's little sister...
Kevin's wife..
"M"'s mom...
"N"'s mom...
"D"'s mom...
"A"'s mom...

One day, I will know who I'm supposed to be...but figuring that out is going to take some time.

Where do I fit into the scheme of things?  What is my passion?  What is my purpose?  Who have you created me to be?  What have you created me to do?  So many things to ponder...so much to figure out...I'll know...someday!


No comments: